So my lovely and talented friend Melanie, nutritional therapist and editor in chief of the fabulous food and lifestyle site Cookyourlife has very kindly put together a delicious plant-based vegan pancake recipe just in time for Pancake Day, I’ve tried it and it’s incredible and NO added sugar and high in protein! Amazing!
Take a look at the recipe below and click here for more recipes and food insights from Melanie – enjoy!!
Thanks for reading,
Time: 20 minutes. Level: Easy Serve: 12 pancakes
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 2 cups of oats gluten-free
- 2 Tbsp apple purée
- 2 Tbsp of chia (soaked the night before with a tsp of spirulina) soaking with plant base milk is also a good alternative.
- A scoop of vanilla protein, I love SFNUTRITION – vegan or FREESOUL
NOTE: 15% OFF ON FREESOUL CODE: FSCOOK
- To make the pancakes, combine all ingredients in a nutribullet / blender and blend well.
- Heat a flat pan over a medium heat and pour the pancake mixture into the pan.
- Leave to cook until bubbles appear, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Ready to serve with your favourite toppings. For the record, I love to heat them up in the grill for a delicious crunchy texture.
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Frozen banana
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Blueberries
- Add your frozen banana into a non-stick small frying pan with 3 Tbsp of water, cinnamon, and blueberries. Cook on a slow heat to caramelize the banana.
- When they are ready set aside then pour onto pancakes when ready and enjoy!
COPYRIGHT 2020 COOKYOURLIFE